Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) protection for metals is Daubert Cromwell’s area of expertise. The organization provides an extensive line of corrosion prevention products and services designed to meet the demands of their global clientele.
Choosing Ideal VCI Films
Polyethylene films offer the following unique properties:
- Heat Sealant Capabilities
- Stretchable Materials Providing Strength and Flexibility
- Water Resistant
- Quick application and Removal Capabilities
- Proven Corrosion Protection
VCI chemicals protect metal parts against damaging corrosive properties of moisture, salt and contaminants while in transit or storage.
|How Do VCI Films Work? Corrosion inhibitors are not superficially applied; they are extruded directly into polyethylene films. The resulting effect is long term corrosion protection for all surfaces, including those that are particularly challenging to reach. This corrosion protection process is nearly odorless, non-discernible and clean. The transparent nature of the VCI film makes for easy transportation and parts identification. Metal performance will not be impacted by the protective film. And following the film’s removal, metals are ready for immediate use.|
Customers can select from the following products:
- Metal-Guard® FF – Foil Barrier Film and Bags.
- Premium Metal-Guard – multi-metal protection.
- Premium Metal-Guard VCI Masking Film.
- Ferro-Film – premium protection for ferrous metals, including steel and cast iron.
- VCI Stretch Film – Premium Metal-Guard stretch film.
- Silver-Guard – protects silver pieces and components from tarnish.
- X-O Wrap Shrink Film – Wide Width, UV Stable, Shrink Film.
The following film sizes are currently available: